Hey Guys! I’m starting a new thing called Tasty Tuesday where I will be sharing quick and healthy recipes that are tried and true in the McLelland household. I’m no chef but I want to show people just how easy it can be to bake and cook. If I can do it, you can too. Trust me!
I’m starting off this new series by sharing an all-time favorite Banana Bread recipe.
It’s easy, fast, and fool proof! 🙂
Let’s get started!!
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
[1/3 cup Milk Chocolate Chips for the chocolate lovers out there. This recipe also tastes great without chocolate chips]
3 Large [very ripe] Bananas
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Large Egg
1/3 Cup Butter (I have only used 1/3 Cup COCONUT OIL and it works perfectly!)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C) and butter two 4X8-inch loaf pans.
- Combine the bananas, sugar, egg, and butter (oil) in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flower, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Use a hand mixer or whisk to mix your bananas, sugar, egg, and butter (oil). (I find that the bread turns out best when I use a hand mixer because I can whip it into a nice fluffy consistency.)
- Slowly add the flour mixture. (BONUS STEP) Fold in Chocolate Chips if desired.
- Evenly divide the batter into your prepared loaf pans and place on the center rack. Bake for 30-35 minutes on 350 F (175 C). A toothpick should come out clean before the removing the bread from the oven.
- Remove the banana bread from the pans and cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
And Voila!! Enjoy!
Step-by-step picture guide below….